Blade Manufacturing Engineer
Employment Type: Full-Time
Wahl Clipper Corporation, a global manufacturer of branded Consumer and Professional products, has an exciting opportunity for a team-oriented individual to fill the role ofBlade Manufacturing Engineerat our headquartersinSterling, Illinois.
The Blade Manufacturing Engineer has joint responsibilities fulfilling duties typically associated with a traditional manufacturing engineering role while cooperatively providing day to day manufacturing operations technical support. Additionally, these individuals will work in the area of operations development, identify new equipment requirements, develop process specifications, work with capital equipment suppliers and integrators, acquire new equipment & systems, and execute acceptance run-offs and validations.
- Designs/redesigns and procures blade process and automation equipment.
- Stays abreast of technological advances regarding automation
- Troubleshoots mechanical and electronic equipment and devices.
- Responsible for the design and procurement of automation equipment. Works with vendors/suppliers in the design/development and redesign of automation equipment to ensure manufacturing requirements are met, improve quality, improve productivity and decrease manufacturing process costs. Develops purchase orders for capital projects.
- Troubleshoots electronic controls on automated equipment, programs electronic controllers and makes process adjustments. Supports Process Improvement Technicians on high-level maintenance activities. Writes proprietary and non-proprietary company equipment standards and updates the standards as necessary.
- Troubleshoots mechanical and electronic devices/equipment, in the design/redesign and procurement of automation equipment and in writing company equipment standards. Keeps supervisor informed of status of projects, equipment problems and for purchase order approvals beyond this position's purchasing limit.
- Develops purchase orders for purchase of equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- Bachelor's in Engineering (Mechanical or Electrical) or related field of study required.
- 3-5 years engineering experience preferred, would consider a recent graduate with strong internship experience.
- Must posses or actively pursue CAD ability
- Must be willing to study manuals and literature on equipment and be willing to attend classes/training on related subjects.
- Must possess basic math skills, ability to work in a team environment and the ability to follow established work rules and safety procedures.
- Must be willing to successfully complete required training as needed.
- Ability to model the Company's values of respect for people, teamwork, and continuous improvement
Wahl Clipper Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Wahl does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Loading some great jobs for you...