Spring/Summer Internship - PAID, Receive 3 College Credits
Employment Type: Full-Time
The National Society of Leadership and Success is the largest collegiate leadership honor society in the United States, with over 700 chapters and more than one million members, who collectively have completed over 282,000 hours of community service. The NSLS Student President will be responsible for facilitating and leading leadership programming on their campus, providing an excellent member experience by managing the day-to-day chapter operations, and positively representing the NSLS brand. This is a paid role.
The NSLS Student President reports to a member of the National Office team, who is responsible for the success of chapters in the Student President’s region of the country. This position will have the opportunity to manage a team of other student leaders, plus gain real-world experience in management, communication, budgeting, public speaking, marketing, and event planning. The ideal candidate for this exciting role is an experienced student leader who is passionate about positively impacting the lives of their fellow college students, while earning an excellent professional development experience. This opportunity is available at institutions with or without a current chapter of the NSLS at their college or university.
- Leads the NSLS campus chapter, managing day-to-day chapter operations
- Schedules, organizes and facilitates all chapter events in accordance with NSLS standards
- Communicates and engages with members across all communication channels to ensure an excellent member experience and high program completion rates
- Maintains a high standard of NSLS chapter best practices as outlined by the National Office, including the execution of the invitation process and achieving their pillars of success
- Recruits and manages a student Executive Board
- Registers and/or maintains status as a student organization or department-sponsored program.
- Attends virtual trainings and meets with NSLS National Office team member bi-weekly via video conferencing for status updates on key deliverables
- Partners with advisors and NSLS National Office team member to grow chapter membership via on-campus outreach initiatives
- Coordinates recruitment activities to help invited university students learn about and accept their invitation into the NSLS. Some of these activities include, but are not limited to, on-campus and virtual events like tabling, orientations, and information sessions
- Meets regularly with students, staff, and faculty to develop positive awareness of NSLS on campus
Loading some great jobs for you...