Quill.com is a Chicagoland-based B2B office supplier. Founded in 1956 as a pioneering mail-order company, we've grown into one of the leading ecommerce suppliers in the country, earning over $1.2 billion annually. We provide a wide assortment of office supplies and workplace essentials in such categories as technology, cleaning & breakroom, business furniture, medical supply and safety & maintenance. Many things have changed since 1956, but our dedication to superior customer service hasn't. To this day, our central mission is to do whatever it takes to ensure 100% customer satisfaction.
In 1998, Quill.com proudly became part of Staples, Inc., careful to maintain our original small company feel while adding the benefits and support of a major corporation. More than 400 associates now work in our Lincolnshire headquarters, located 40 minutes north of Chicago just off I-94.
Jump start your career - intern at Quill.com!
At Quill.com your work is visible. Excellent performance is rewarded, and you'll get to see the results of your efforts in the growth of the business. As part of the Staples, Inc. organization, you'll enjoy the advantages of working for a major corporation and a variety of career growth opportunities, which is what makes working for Quill.com truly special.
We've created a 12-week Summer Internship Program for undergraduate students that puts emphasis on personal growth and professional development. Throughout the summer, students have the opportunity to assume sole ownership of a designated project that can make a real impact on the business.
The Pricing Analyst Intern's objective is to maximize margin dollars for Quill. This includes the development, monitoring and maintenance of category level price strategies through collaboration with merchant sellers and the category analysis team. The Pricing Analyst Intern will implement pricing strategies, manage daily pricing changes, and perform ad hoc analysis and reporting. They will manage the everyday pricing to ensure our prices are in line with competitors and adhere to our customer value proposition.
* Manage everyday pricing of Quill product assortment
* Analyze and recommend pricing changes and tests
* Manage margin by creating audits / controls for pricing changes
* Provide ad-hoc pricing reports and analysis requested by business partners
* Analyze and identify competitor strategies and recommend appropriate actions
* Develop and manage key metric pricing reporting
* Improve processes and initiate quick win analyses
* Analyze the impact of cost changes and recommend price changes
* Enrolled at a 4-year institution * Requires a GPA of 3.00 or higher
* Junior or Senior year of college
* Proficient use of Microsoft Office suite (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint) * Excellent written and verbal communication skills * Excellent analytical skills with ability to provide recommendations * Ability to plan, prioritize, and organize work effectively * Ability to work independently and effectively with others in a variety of settings * Innovative & Creative! * High Energy & Enthusiastic!
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.