The Human Energy of S&C
Integrity, enthusiasm, sustained energy. These are the traits that S&C has always looked for and found when seeking people to join our 100% employee-owned team. S&C supports these qualities with a strong package of pay and benefits, excellent education and training programs, a challenging work environment, and broad opportunities for advancement.
Address of Location: 6601 N Ridge Blvd, IL, Chicago 60626
Education Requirements: High School Diploma/ GED Required
Relevant Work Experience Requirements: Less than 1 year
S&C, an electric utility industry Smart Grid leader shaping the future of power delivery, is seeking paid full-time Summer Interns who would enjoy a fast paced, dynamic team-based work environment. Software engineering Internships are available in Chicago, IL.
This posting is for two (2) Summer Intern positions in our Chicago, IL location.
The recently created Software team within S&C is growing fast! You can expect to be busy and have ample opportunity to prove your worth within an agile, communicative, and fun environment. You will be teamed with experienced Engineers and other interns to learn, collaborate, design and execute a project that tackles real-world problems. More information can be found here:
Your activities would include:
* Working with S&C's most innovative Smart-grid products. The Chicago team expertise is in designing software that configures embedded controllers for PulseCloser Fault Interrupters with PulseClosing? Technology, Automatic Capacitor Controls & Sensors, Cutout-Mounted Reclosers and other Grid Automation Products.
* You would learn to develop software applications that communicate with embedded controllers via wired and wireless communication protocols.
* Gain hands-on programing experience with C#, continuous integration, and other leading-edge tools.
* All work will be performed in a safe low-voltage environment.
The work associated with the internships includes, but not limited to the following:
* Learning from the experts the essentials of the software development life cycle.
* Participating in all necessary development stages pertinent to your project including: design, code implementation, testing and documentation.
* Creating and presenting a team report to Senior Management describing your intern project.
* Must be able to work full-time (40 hours per week) for the entire summer of 2019: starting in May/June and ending in August/September.
* Must be in good standing as a student at the Bachelor's or Master's degree level at an accredited university majoring in in Computer Science; Computer Engineering or related major and returning to the school full-time at the end of the internship.
* Ability to handle multiple tasks in a constantly changing environment.
* Preferred, but not required: Previous internship experience, have taken C#/Java programming class and/or direct C#/Java experience.
Number of Openings: 2.00
Employment Status: Exempt
Employment Classification: Co-Op/Intern
Core Working Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
S&C Electric Company is a global provider of equipment and services for electric power systems. Founded in 1911, the Chicago-based company designs and manufactures switching and protection products for electric power transmission and distribution.
S&C's products help deliver electric power efficiently and reliably. Some are used to switch circuits. Others minimize damage to equipment in the event of a fault or reduce the area of an outage by automatically rerouting power flow; S&C's sophisticated power-quality products can deliver uninterrupted power for an entire facility, for crucial process industries.
In addition, S&C offers a wide range of engineering, laboratory, and testing services for electric utilities and commercial, industrial, and institutional power systems.
S&C provides solutions for customers worldwide. The company has engineering offices and manufacturing facilities in Chicago, Illinois; Franklin, Wisconsin; Alameda, California; Duvall, Washington; Rockville, Maryland; and Orlando, Florida. S&C subsidiaries operate in Toronto, Canada; Curitiba, Brazil; Mexico City and Aguascalientes, Mexico; Wales, United Kingdom; South Yarra, Australia; and Suzhou, China.
Thank you for your interest in S&C Electric Company. S&C has a proud and longstanding tradition of providing equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or marital status. Further, S&C is committed to taking affirmative action to ensure that qualified females, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities can pursue equal employment opportunities. For information regarding equal employment opportunity, please see
Associated topics: application, c c++, c++, c#, devops, perl, python, sdet, software development engineer, sw