Clinician or Clinical Assistant Professor
Employment Type: Part-Time
Industry: Education - Excluding Post Secondary
0713190 Classification Title
Clinician or Clinical Assistant Professor Working Title
Student Teacher Supervisor- Creating a Pool Job Class #
700200 Type of Position
Non-Tenure/Adjunct Faculty Percent Appointment: 1-100 (For Student Employment and Graduate Assistant Only; state hours per week)
Varies based on student placement Representation: Department
School of Music - 05660000 Job Category
Faculty - Non-Tenure (Adjunct) General Summary
The School of Music invites applications for Student Teacher Supervisors to supervise student teachers around Illinois for the upcoming academic year. These positions involve mentoring teacher candidates in their student teaching internship. The supervisor is a liaison between ISU and the school district personnel, primarily the cooperating teacher. The supervisor is responsible for observing the student teacher on-site and providing a formal assessment of the teacher candidate's teaching episodes. In addition, the supervisor will assess reflection assignments written by the student teacher. The supervisor is responsible for assigning grades for the student teacher.
Applications are accepted continuously for part-time, non-tenure-track positions and reviewed as vacancies become available. There may not be an actual vacancy at the time you apply.
The supervisor will be expected to do the following:
1. Complete five visits with the student teacher and the cooperating teacher within the semester
2. Keep weekly informal communication with the student teacher through phone calls or emails. Also, informal communication with coop as needed.
3. Read and review student teacher's edTPA materials.
4. Complete formal assessment of observations using School of Music rubric and uploading through LiveText electronic portfolio.
This position is represented by the Illinois State University Education Association and may have associated dues or fees. Additional Information:
Illinois State University's School of Music prides itself in the individualized attention it provides to students majoring in liberal arts, music business, music education, music composition, music therapy, music performance, collaborative piano, and graduate conducting. Required Qualifications
1. Degree: Bachelor of Music Education or closely related field.
2. Five years of teaching experience.
3. Ability to support and mentor the student teacher throughout the student teaching experience.
4. Excellent written and verbal communication.
5. High standard of professionalism as a representative of the School of Music and Illinois State University.
6. State law mandates demonstrable oral proficiency in the English language as a requirement for this position.
7. If this position is Security Sensitive or if you are subject to a criminal background investigation based on University policy, employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources. Desired Qualifications:
1. Master's degree.
2. Experience as cooperating teacher and/or student teacher supervisor. Necessary Licenses/Certifications/Degrees
1. Bachelor of Music Education or closely related field. Hiring Rate/Range
Varies Stipend: Work Hours
Varies Proposed Starting Date:
Varies Posting date
03-25-2020 Closing date
Open Until Filled Special Instructions to Applicants
All application materials must be submitted online. Application materials submitted via fax, email, or mail will not be accepted.
Please complete the faculty employment application and attach separate documents representing a cover letter, reference list (at least three professional references and contact information), and resume/C.V. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) or other state or federal law you may request an accommodation by contacting the Office of Equal Opportunity and Access at 309-438-3383.
If you are having difficulty accessing the system, please call Human Resources at (309) 438-8311. Contact Information
School of Music:
firstname.lastname@example.org Departmental Homepage
https://finearts.illinoisstate.edu/music/ Required Applicant Documents PLEASE NOTE: These documents are required to be submitted online in order to complete the application process. Please have these documents ready prior to clicking on 'Apply For This Posting'.
Reference List Optional Applicant Documents
Certification of Retirement Annuity (required for SURS annuitants only) Civil Service Test
Not Applicable Physical Requirements:
Must be able to complete the following with or without a reasonable accommodation:
1. Ability to effectively communicate on a daily basis.
2. Ability to conduct or attend meetings in various locations across campus and in PK-12 schools in Illinois. Quicklink
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...