Clinical Assistant Professor (University Supervisor)
Employment Type: Part-Time
Industry: Education - Excluding Post Secondary
0712195 Classification Title
Clinical Assistant Professor (University Supervisor) Working Title
University Supervisor, History-Social Science Education Secondary Education Job Class #
700200 Type of Position
Non-Tenure/Adjunct Faculty Percent Appointment: 1-100 (For Student Employment and Graduate Assistant Only; state hours per week)
Varies each semester depending on enrollment Representation: Department
History - 04420000 Job Category
Faculty - Non-Tenure (Adjunct) General Summary
In anticipation of possible openings throughout the academic year, the History Department invites a pool of qualified persons interested in the supervision of secondary teacher candidates in History and Social Science education.
Applications are accepted continuously for part-time, non-tenure-track positions and reviewed as vacancies become available.
This position involves mentoring teacher candidates in their student teaching internship. The university supervisor is a liaison between ISU and the school district personnel, primarily the cooperating teacher. The supervisor is responsible for observing the student teacher on-site and providing a formal assessment of the teacher candidate's teaching experience. This requires multiple on-site observations with brief post-conference meetings and a small number of visits to Illinois State University in Normal, IL during the academic year. In addition to regular online communication throughout the semester, supervisors assess teacher candidates' online reflections and collaborate with the Cooperating Teacher and ISU faculty in assessing the professional growth and final grade for teacher candidates. Additional Information: Required Qualifications
1. Master's degree in teaching or relevant academic field.
2. At least three years of history and/or social science classroom teaching experience in a middle school or high school classroom and /or related professional experience.
3. If this position is Security Sensitive or if you are subject to a criminal background investigation based on University policy, employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
4. Supervisors are needed in both Central Illinois and the Chicagoland area.
5. For teaching positions, state law mandates demonstrable oral proficiency in the English language as a requirement for this position. Desired Qualifications: Necessary Licenses/Certifications/Degrees Hiring Rate/Range
Commensurate with experience Stipend: Work Hours
Varies Proposed Starting Date: Posting date
06-26-2019 Closing date
Open Until Filled Special Instructions to Applicants
Please attach the following documents to this application:
1. cover letter
2. reference list (at least three professional references and contact information)
Please specify in the cover letter the geographic area/s for which you are applying. Applications will be reviewed as vacancies become available.
If you are having difficulty accessing the system, please call Human Resources at (309) 438-8311.
If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) or other state or federal law you may request an accommodation by contacting the Office of Equal Opportunity and Access at 309-438-3383.
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minority/Female/Disability/ Veteran Contact Information
firstname.lastname@example.org Departmental Homepage
http://history.illinoisstate.edu/ Required Applicant Documents PLEASE NOTE: These documents are required to be submitted online in order to complete the application process. Please have these documents ready prior to clicking on 'Apply For This Posting'.
Reference List Optional Applicant Documents Civil Service Test
Not Applicable Physical Requirements:
Must be able to complete with or without a reasonable accommodation:
1. Travel to various schools
2. Travel within Illinois State University campus Quicklink
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...