Finance Chicago, Illinois Description
Work. Serve. Thrive. Imagine a place where your talent can make a meaningful difference in peoples' lives. Working at Feeding America is a uniquely rewarding experience in which our employees work together as vital parts of a much larger mission. We are innovative, mission-focused, diverse, collaborative, values-driven and focused on results.
We are a national, nonprofit organization and the nation's leading domestic hunger-relief charity. Located in the heart of downtown Chicago, our mission is to feed America's hungry through a nationwide network of member food banks and engage our country in the fight to end hunger.The internship program is designed to give you an opportunity to complement your formal education with career-related experience and is open current undergraduates, individuals starting their graduate degree in the fall and graduate students. The internship provides a stimulating and substantive work experience, coupled with an experience to expand your knowledge and understanding of Feeding America. The Opportunity
Perform a variety of finance/accounting functions related to the daily operations of the Finance Department.
Internship (12 Weeks):
06/01/20 thru 08/21/20 (Chicago-Office based/40hrs per week)
$14 - Undergraduate Students
$15 - Students between Undergrad and Graduate school (starting Grad school in the Fall)
$16 - Graduate Students Responsibilities:
- Train for Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable backup to cover vacations.
- Review, test, and update procedures for accuracy.
- Assistance for storage room cleanup for preparation for office move.
- Cleanup of the I: drive (Finance drive).
- Renaming and cleanup in NetSuite for the Vendor & Customer cards.
- Scanning of state registrations, gift annuities, and tax exemption forms.
- Other duties as assigned or needed. Requirements:
- Undergraduate - no accounting experience needed.
- Must be proficient in MS Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Must be proficient with mail merges.
- Committed to organizational mission of ending hunger. Feeding America embraces a philosophy that recognizes and values diversity.-- Our goal is to attract, develop, retain and promote a talented diverse workforce in a culture where all employees will contribute to their fullest potential.