As an AbbVie Experiential Intern, you'll participate in a paid, ten to twelve-week summer program that is focused on providing students with robust projects throughout the summer. As an intern, you will be located at our corporate headquarters in north suburban Chicago, with housing and shuttle services for eligible students. Department Overview - Oncology Discovery
Small molecule development for cancer targets as well as new target discovery to develop new therapies that benefit patients. Assignment Details
AbbVie Oncology Discovery is seeking a highly motivated graduate student who is looking for industry experience in the form of real-world bench science with the goal of drug discovery. This student is expected to learn and perform a diversity of cell and molecular biology approaches by a variety of scientific techniques including cell culture, western blotting, MSD, and CRISPR technology with the goal of independently executing these techniques. Applicants should have an interest in a laboratory-focused role with a high level of experimental vigor, quality, and reproducibility.
Strong communication, and teamwork skills are essential as the intern is expected to interact with a team of biologists as well as diverse groups of experts within or outside of his/her scientific discipline. The ideal intern must be able to prioritize and manage multiple research activities in a thoughtful and well organized manner.
- PhD Level Student studying Cell and Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or Bioinformatic a plus
- Completed at least one year of PhD before beginning internship
- Must be enrolled in school the semester following your internship
- Minimum Cumulative GPA: 3.0/4.0
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis without requiring sponsorship (students on an F1 visa with CPT can be accommodated).
- Knows how to use a pipettor
Associated topics: bioethics, cardiology, cardiothoracic, college of medicine, diagnostic, gastroenterology, hepatology, hospitalist, neurosurgery, respiratory