The AbbVie Experiential Internship Program
As an AbbVie Experiential Intern, you'll participate in a paid, ten to twelve-week summer program that is focused on providing students with robust projects throughout the summer. As an intern, you will be located at our corporate headquarters in north suburban Chicago, with housing and shuttle services for eligible students. Department Overview - Pharmacovigilance & Patient Safety (PPS)
The PPS organization works collaboratively and strategically with colleagues across the product lifecycle to identify, evaluate, understand and communicate the safety profile of our drugs to protect patients worldwide.
The Case Processing Center of Expertise plays a critical role in collection and interpretation of patient data in the safety process. The team is a high-profile high-impact team that works a range of critical initiatives maintaining a high level of process efficiency and quality of information. As a member of the team, you are at the forefront of working with leaders to identify critical priorities and drive high-value projects that make an impact on business performance. Assignment Details
Participate in and develop an understanding of:
- Offshore vendor management including metrics, quality sampling, and participating in vendor/client meetings
- Onshore contact center outsourcing including metrics and quality sampling
- Executive steering committee meetings
- Vendor invoicing
- How nursing/healthcare knowledge is transferable in the corporate business world.
- Major related to Pre-Nursing, Life Science
- Completed at least one year of college education before beginning internship
- Must be enrolled in school the semester following your internship
- Undergraduate Level Student
- Minimum Cumulative GPA: 3.0/4.0
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis without requiring sponsorship (students on an F1 visa with CPT can be accommodated).
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- MS Office, Outlook, SharePoint
- Problem solving
- Ability to work independently
- Good communication skills