The AbbVie Experiential Internship Program
As an AbbVie Experiential Intern, you'll participate in a paid, ten to twelve-week summer program that is focused on providing students with robust projects throughout the summer. As an intern, you will be located at our corporate headquarters in north suburban Chicago, with housing and shuttle services for eligible students. Department Overview - R&D Quality Assurance: Documentation Standards (DS) & Quality Knowledge Management (QKM)
We are a global group responsible for documentation standards for R&D through documentation process ownership, facilitation & consultation on documentation practices, and in partnership with our R&D and Operations business units for global alignment & education. For QKM, we are responsible for developing technology platforms, education & training on the management of the knowledge critical to Quality. Assignment Details
Group is heavily focused on project-related tasks and activities; the intern would be a contributor to the on-going projects related to DS/QKM within R&D. Some of these projects include:
- Assist in the development of technology platform(s) for DS/QKM pertaining to the following projects:
- QuickSign (the first enterprise-wide electronic signature service)
- Robotic Process Automation (RPA - the automated upload of our R&D Product Documentation)
- Objective: Build a real-time savings calculator/dashboard to capture the amount of time, per transaction, document, etc. realized with the utilization of QuickSign and/or RPA process bot.
- Assist in the Phase II development of Quality System Approver Identification portal
- Phase I of this project included the development of the Approver Identification tool in Excel to be used by experienced documentation specialists. Phase II includes building a User Interface (UI) for the tool targeted for the end user (the business/customer).
- Objective: Build an easy-to-use and intuitive UI for our customer base so that they can easily interact with and identify the required approvers needed for their Quality Systems documentation creations/revisions. This UI may also be potentially used for other KM applications depending on design and flexibility.
- Completed at least one year of college education before beginning internship
- Major in IT/Computer Science (or other technical) major or general business
- Must be enrolled in school the semester following your internship
- Undergraduate Level Student
- Minimum Cumulative GPA: 3.0/4.0
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis without requiring sponsorship (students on an F1 visa with CPT can be accommodated).
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Skills related to entry-level Project Management and some IT
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to design and develop basic user requirements into a dashboard and/or analytics tool
Associated topics: automation, process, prevention, quality assurance analyst, quality assurance lead, software quality assurance, software quality assurance engineer, test, test engineer, tester