As an AbbVie Experiential Intern, you'll participate in a paid, ten to twelve-week summer program that is focused on providing students with robust projects throughout the summer. As an intern, you will be located at our corporate headquarters in north suburban Chicago, with housing and shuttle services for eligible students. Department Overview - Formulation Sciences
The Formulation Sciences (FS) group develops formulations for small molecules, supports programs from early to late stage of clinical development, and conducts innovative research in the area of drug delivery. Assignment Details
The intern will focus on the preparation of high drug load amorphous suspensions and use of spray drying technology to generate powders suitable for use in a solid dosage form. A core part of the internship will be focused on understanding the influence of spray drying process parameters such as inlet/outlet temperatures, drying rates, etc., on the resultant dry powder properties. Use of characterization techniques such as light scattering, RP-HPLC, DSC, etc., will also be employed.
- Completed at least one year of grad level studies before beginning internship
- Must be enrolled in school the semester following your internship
- PhD candidate in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chemical/Biomedical Engineering, or related discipline
- Minimum Cumulative GPA: 3.0/4.0
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis without requiring sponsorship (students on an F1 visa with CPT can be accommodated).
- Skills and knowledge: Background in pharmaceutical technology, formulation, drug delivery, and analytical characterization.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Understanding of spray drying technology and experience in operating a spray dryer system.
Associated topics: bio, bioengineering, biomedical engineer, bioprocess, biosynthetic, genetic, molecular, neuro, neuroscience, pain