The AbbVie Experiential Internship Program
As an AbbVie Experiential Intern, you'll participate in a paid, ten to twelve-week summer program that is focused on providing students with robust projects throughout the summer. As an intern, you will be located at our corporate headquarters in north suburban Chicago, with housing and shuttle services for eligible students. Department Overview - NCE Analytical R&D
Development, validation, and transfer of drug product analytical methods to support CMC submissions Assignment Details
The in-process analysis of drug product assay is a key part of a PAT strategy. However, the use of NIR or Raman on tablets has some shortcomings: quantitation challenges with low drug load formulations, difficulty extracting purity information, and need to maintain chemometric models.
We are looking to develop and evaluate an automated extraction system coupled with UHPLC for analysis of drug product potency in process.
The successful intern will focus on a few key tasks:
- Familiarize with the instrument and assemble a package which can be used to reproduce external PoC.
- Improve upon previous methodology and work around pitfalls. Possibly explore portability options as an in-process PAT tool.
- Show use of optimized package on Abbvie assets. Evaluate the system's capability to measure potency for high and low drug load tablets across IR and ER formulations.
Evaluate system for impurity analysis
- Completed at least one year of college education before beginning internship
- Must be enrolled in school the semester following your internship
- Graduate Level Student studying Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry
- Minimum Cumulative GPA: 3.0/4.0
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis without requiring sponsorship (students on an F1 visa with CPT can be accommodated).
- Skills in HPLC, UHPLC-UV, SFC-UV-MS
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Associated topics: accountant i, accountant iii, analyst i, analyst iii, business operational support, fundraising, information technology support consultant, support, support analyst, support staff